HOT POT AT HOME RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN | FOOD NETWORK
Hot pot is a tasty, festive and communal cooking and dining experience that involves little more than a table set with a portable butane stove, a pot of bubbling broth and platters of raw meat and/or seafood and vegetables. Various condiments and a dipping sauce or two are common, as well. In the spirit of hot pot, a winter staple in various Asian countries, our recipe is flexible. Feel free to sub out any of the components according to your taste. (See the end of the recipe for more suggestions.) You can also play with the broth. Our version is very simple, which lets the flavor of the proteins and vegetables shine, but kimchi, tomatoes, and chile peppers are just some of the possible additions. Please note that you don’t need to purchase any of the special equipment listed to make this recipe. You can use two pots, your stovetop burners, and whatever cooking utensils you have.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Total Time 3 hours 15 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 33
- For the pork broth: Fill a 7-quart Dutch oven with 12 cups cold water and bring to a boil. Meanwhile, soak the pork bones in cold water in a large bowl, to remove some of the blood, for about 20 minutes or until the water boils. Add the bones to the pot and boil until the water darkens and there’s a lot of foam on the surface, about 8 minutes. Drain and rinse the bones and clean the pot of any residue.
- Return the pork bones to the pot and add the carrots, corn, daikon and 16 cups cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat and then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the broth is very milky, about 2 1/2 hours. Skim off any dark proteins and fat, then lightly season with salt.
- Transfer the pork broth, along with the bones and other solids, which will continue to flavor the broth, to an 11-inch hot pot pot with a divider. Add the chili oil to one side of the pot. Place the pot on a portable butane burner and bring to a boil over high heat.
- For the components: Meanwhile, arrange the beef, fish, cabbage, spinach, potatoes, pumpkin, eggs, fish tofu and udon noodles on plates or platters, as you like. Set out at least two pairs of chopsticks or tongs and small strainer baskets (these are useful when cooking more fragile ingredients, such as fish, tofu and the like). As for the chopsticks/tongs, let everyone know not to use the same pair for picking up raw and cooked meat and fish.
- For the condiments: Create a “dipping sauce station” with any of the condiments, along with a bunch of small plates and bowls. Each person can mix and match them as they like.
- Once the broth is boiling, start cooking! Let each person cook their own ingredients in the broth (the side with the chili oil is spicier), being mindful not to overcrowd the pot. If the broth reduces too much and you still have raw ingredients left, add some warm water to the pot and bring to a boil. If you like, you can eat the marrow from the pork bones.
- Proteins–Thinly sliced chicken, pork or lamb, mini-pork sausages, low-sodium luncheon meat cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices, shellfish, fish cakes, tofu
- Vegetables–sweet potato, kabocha squash, watercress, bok choy, corn on the cob, lotus root, kale, chile peppers, tomato, bean sprouts, enoki, shiitake or button mushrooms
- Noodles, etc.–ramen noodles, rice noodles, konjac noodle knots, dumplings, rice cakes, dried tofu sticks
- Stir together the Pork Broth, BBQ sauce, sesame paste, oyster sauce, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, sugar, garlic and scallions in a small bowl until combined.
HOW TO MAKE HOT POT AT HOME | CHINA SICHUAN FOOD
How to make Chinese hot pot at home. Recipe listed as a hot pot party for 4 people
Provided by Elaine
Categories hot pot
Total Time 120 minutes
Prep Time 60 minutes
Cook Time 60 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 31
- Cook the light stock
- Prepare the ingredients
- Prepare the dipping sauce
- Assemble hot pot
THE BEST CHINESE HOT POT INGREDIENTS | BY SPOONHUNT | MEDIUM
2016-05-17 · Meat for hot pot c an also come in meatball form. They are quite easy to cook as they only take 4–5 minutes and will float back to the surface when they are ready to be eaten. Sometimes, you can ...From medium.com
CHINESE HOT POT (THE BEST HOT POT RECIPE!) - RASA MALAYSIA
2020-06-22 · Ingredients for Hot Pot Recipe. For the fresh ingredients, you can get really flexible or creative. As a general rule of thumb, the basics are protein (meat and/or seafood), Chinese vegetables such as Napa cabbage and bok choy, fish balls, tofu, and mushrooms. These are the standard ingredients and they are illustrated in the picture above. Cook’s Tips. To assemble the fresh ingredients ...From rasamalaysia.com
HOW TO THROW A HOT POT PARTY | ALLRECIPES
2020-02-12 · If you want to make some of your own hot pot add-ins, you can whip up a recipe for Asian Turkey Meatballs, Potstickers, Pork Gyoza, or Mongolian Meatballs. But it's also fine to buy whatever pre-made ingredients you want to at the store, especially since there's a significant amount of food prep for this party. Plus, it can be really fun to peruse Asian markets for lesser-known ingredients.From allrecipes.com
EASY ASIAN HOT POT RECIPE (HOMEMADE HOT POT BROTH ...
2018-02-13 · Easy Hot Pot Recipe. If there’s one simple cooking method that crosses over nearly every Asian cuisine, the hot pot may be it. Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, Thai, Mongolian and more. And with cooks of every level still making it every single day, that’s proof in the pot that it is indeed totally easy to crave, and to make.From foodiecrush.com
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW TO MAKE CHINESE HOT POT AT HOME
2020-07-24 · The list of foods that can be cooked in a hot pot is a long one. Variety is key, since you want to have a little bit of everything. Beef and seafood are two of the most popular foods to cook in a hot pot, but you'll need to balance those more filling items with light ones, like greens and other vegetables. For example, for a four-person hot pot, I like to have at least two types of greens ...From seriouseats.com
CHINESE HOT POT GUIDE & HOW TO THROW A HOT POT PARTY AT HOME
2018-12-23 · However, Chinese hot pot has a distinguishing characteristic – only a small amount of ingredients is added to the pot by the individuals at the table and cooked just long enough, then the food is taken out and consumed immediately before more ingredients are added. This is the part that makes Chinese hot pot really easy to prepare as a host, since the host only needs to wash and cut the ...From omnivorescookbook.com
THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO HOT POT AT HOME · I AM A FOOD BLOG
2021-10-19 · Hot pot is a social way of eating: a variety of food is cooked in a communal simmering pot of flavored broth. The meat, seafood, vegetables, tofu, and noodles are in thin slices, small pieces, or small amounts so they cook quickly in the bubbling hot pot. Everyone adds whatever their heart desires to the boiling broth and scoops it out with a wire ladle and eats it dipped in an individual ...From iamafoodblog.com
KOREAN HOT POT RECIPE | RECIPELAND
2012-04-28 · To make the hot-pot: Meanwhile bring another large pot of water to a boil. If using sweet potato noodles, add the sweet potato noodles into the bowl and soak them for 10 minutes until soft, or follow the instruction on the package.From recipeland.com
10 BEST ASIAN HOT POT RECIPES | YUMMLY
2021-12-23 · VEGAN HOT POT | Tofu & Mushroom | Recipe for Hot Pot The Edgy Veg. sea salt, firm tofu, fish, ginger, soy sauce, chili oil, bean sprouts and 11 more. Guided.From yummly.com
7 DORM FOODS YOU CAN MAKE WITH A HOT POT - THE DAILY MEAL
2015-08-07 · The hot pot is a game-changer. These water-heating appliances can do so much more than make tea and Cup Noodles. Not only can you cook Easy Hot Pot Spaghetti, you can also whip up a tasty Hot Pot Mac and Cheese. We have these and other great recipes perfect for the days when you don’t feel like trekking to the dining hall.From thedailymeal.com
CHINESE HOT POT AT HOME: HOW TO! - THE WOKS OF LIFE
2020-11-18 · Hot Pot Food Items: How to Strike a Balance . There are a few categories of hot pot dippables to keep in mind. Make sure you have a good balance of 3-5 items from each category to have a varied hot pot meal. Here are some of your options: Vegetables & Fungi. A good mix of vegetables (including Chinese leafy greens as well as harder root vegetables) and fungi is important to a balanced hot pot ...From thewoksoflife.com
HOT POT | CHINA SICHUAN FOOD
2012-07-14 · For detailed list about making hot pot at home, check Equipment by Hot Pot. Then there are three essential parts for hot pot: soup bases, main ingredients and the dips. Soup Bases –the basic soul of hot pot Making hot pot soup base is quite important for a successful hot pot. You can surely purchase one package directly from supermarket or any online store or be brave to make one at home ...From chinasichuanfood.com
SICHUAN HOT POT - THE WOKS OF LIFE
2015-10-11 · Sichuan Hot Pot Recipe Instructions Make the Sichuan hot pot soup base: *Note: if you’re not into spicy food, or just want to make your life easier, you can skip this step and just use a pot of boiling chicken stock for your hot pot. If you want to make it a little fancier, throw in a few slices of ginger. In a wok over medium heat, add the oil and the ginger. Cook the ginger for about a ...From thewoksoflife.com
BEGINNER'S GUIDE TO HOT POT | EAT NORTH
2014-01-31 · Sure, your clothes will smell and barely fit over the food triplets after the meal, but you’ll have feel like a furnace in the -20C weather, not to mention have an excellent time with friends (hot pot is not exactly a one-person event). Whether you decide to host a hot pot dinner at home or go out for AYCE (complete with cheap import beers), you’ll want to familiarize yourself with the ...From eatnorth.com
A BEGINNER’S GUIDE TO EATING HOT POT - FOODBEAST
2016-07-12 · Most meats work with hot pot, but the ones Chen suggests are: beef, pork, chicken, and lamb. Any of these choices are great for a hot pot novice. However, Chen appreciates some more unique meat ...From foodbeast.com
NABEMONO: A GUIDE TO JAPANESE HOT POT ?? • JUST ONE COOKBOOK
2019-03-05 · Nabemono is a compound word, where nabe (?) refers to a cooking pot and mono (?) means things or stuff. The concept of a nabe is simple: it can be a mixture of fresh vegetables, meat, seafood, tofu, and soybean products, or seasonal ingredients, all to be cooked in a simmering soup broth in a pot. Some of the popular nabemono dishes include ...From justonecookbook.com
59 EASY INSTANT POT RECIPES - FOOD.COM
59 Easy Instant Pot Recipes. Whether you need easy weeknight meals to new or an exciting cooking experiment, these are Food.com's best Instant Pot recipes. Never used a pressure cooker before? No problem! From Instant Pot chili and soup to pot roast and chicken, these simple dishes make dinner a breeze.From food.com